New Northwestern Mutual Community Park
This entirely redeveloped entertainment space for families offers inclusive and accessible play for children ages 2 – 12 years of age, including those who may experience a variety of challenges.
The new Northwestern Mutual Community Park is currently open on select dates, closing for the season on December 1, 2021. The park will be open Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and on weekdays from Noon - 4:00 p.m. Dates are subject to change.
Also, located adjacent to the Henry W. Maier Festival Grounds, there’s great access to Lakeshore state park trails for you and your family. Explore an urban oasis offering a small beach and accessible paved trails that link to Milwaukee's other lakefront parks and the Hank Aaron State Trail.
Northwestern Mutual Community Park Amenities:
- Enhanced Play Equipment – all new age-appropriate playground equipment on soft surface, including interactive musical play pieces. Equipment design also includes ramps allowing for wheelchair access. Shaded seating is also available within the playground area.
- Toddler Play Area – “Giggle Grounds”- covered play area for toddlers ages 6 months-2 years, including shade, and age-appropriate activities and play equipment.
- Flexible stage – new, permanent stage structure with accessible seating, and a viewing area for over 500 patrons.
- Permanent Family Restrooms – accessible restrooms equipped with changing tables for babies, children, and adults requiring an assistant.
- Nursing Mothers Stations – mothers seeking a quiet space to nurse will have dedicated space.
- Sensory Rooms – three individual and wheelchair accessible, air-conditioned quiet rooms, creating a calm environment for children that may be overstimulated by the noise, environment, or experience.
Monday - Friday, Noon - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
*days/times vary depending on events and subject to change
Open while weather permitting
Closed for the season on December 1, 2021.
*depending on events and subject to change
Mid Gate of Henry Maier Festival Park
North or South Lakewalk path entrance
Free Parking lot near Mid Gate - Look for signs