American Family Insurance Amphitheater Construction – Phase Two Fact Sheet
The American Family Insurance Amphitheater construction project is being completed over a two-year period. Phase One work was completed prior to Summerfest 2019. Phase Two construction began immediately following Summerfest 2019 and includes new and wider concourses, new and improved restrooms, accessibility enhancements, hospitality areas, and increased food and beverage operations. Currently, the project is 64% completed.
The redevelopment of the American Family Insurance Amphitheater is the largest capital project Milwaukee World Festival, Inc., a non-profit organization, has ever undertaken in five decades. The project is 100% funded by private sources, including generous support from American Family Insurance, T&M Partners, Rite Hite, Continental Properties, Eppstein Uhen Architects, and many other generous philanthropic donors. The balance of the project is funded through Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. reserve funds and commercial financing.
Phase Two: Post Summerfest 2019 – June 2020
- Improve sightlines and access with new optimal seating bowl and row configurations. Going forward, the sections closest to the stage (formerly the “red” section) will be configured into ten sections.
- New concourses and concourse area to allow for easier access
- New fan amenities throughout the venue
- New food and beverage offerings on every concourse creating shorter lines and faster service. Food will be available at six locations vs. the previous two locations.
- Additional restrooms; the total number of women’s restrooms will double.
- Accessibility improvements including a new elevator with access to all concourses, new ADA seats with improved sightlines, widened pathways, accessibility to lawn and bench seating, and more
- One-of-a-kind hospitality offerings creating a VIP experience:
- Spectacular outdoor private areas offering incredible views of BMO Harris Bank Pavilion, Lake Michigan and downtown Milwaukee skyline
- Easy access from the best seats in the house including a private entrance through a dedicated VIP entrance turnstile
- Private VIP areas featuring bars, lounge areas, and restroom access
These improvements will debut at Summerfest 2020 and enhance the live music experience throughout the upcoming concert season. In order to produce more concerts at the venue, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. recently announced a partnership with Frank Productions Concerts / Live Nation to book more shows for 2020 and beyond, adding to the American Family Insurance Amphitheater’s legacy as Milwaukee’s premier outdoor concert venue.
Grand Opening: June 2020
Project Cost: $53 million (privately financed)
Amphitheater Development Area: 12.5 acres
Number of on-site construction workers to date: 567
Eppstein Uhen Architects
Hunzinger Construction Company
Website / Social Media:
@AmFamAmp on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Julie Dieckelman, (414) 270-6517/262-853-1602 (cell)