In addition to producing Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. maintains and develops the 75-acre lakefront parcel known as Henry Maier Festival Park, leasing the parcel from the City of Milwaukee through the year 2030, and hosting a variety of ethnic and cultural festivals, walks, runs, concerts and other events along with approximately 1.5 million patrons each year at the site.
Third Shift Security Supervisor
Job Department: Security
Reports to: Security Director
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Revised Date: April 8, 2021
The Security Shift Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the activities of security personnel who provide safety and protect patrons, employees and company assets. The Security Shift supervisor will supervise programs and processes to reduce and control loss time injuries. The Security Shift Supervisor will make sure posts are maintained at full coverage and delegate authority and assign responsibilities. The Security Supervisor shall thoroughly investigate incidents and/or patron’s complaints and compile data for accurate reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Recruiting, scheduling, hiring, training and retention of a group of seasonal employees, as well as managing the payroll, and administrative functions of the department. This position requires collaboration with other departments to advance these duties by providing support for MWF’s day-to-day operations and all events held at the venue. Further essential duties are as follows:
- Supervise officers on assigned shift.
- Responsible for the proper execution of assigned duties.
- Respond to security systems’ alerts, complete daily reports and logs.
- Incident investigation, notification and documentation.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Milwaukee World Festival policies and procedures. Responsibilities including interviewing, and training employees: planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Complete payroll tracking for all shifts and submission for all non-seasonal shift workers.
- Train new officers and seasonal employees in the use of magnetometers and proper bag checks for entrance into the Park.
- Maintain the department’s security access control equipment (magnetometers, hand-wands, etc.).
- Security equipment inventory, distribution, storage repair and maintenance.
- Participate in security planning and provide event dispatch services as requested.
- Assign shift security officers their duties and oversee monitoring the grounds camera system.
- Make frequent inspection and cover all vulnerable spots on the grounds.
- Assist in the implementation of traffic control plans for Summerfest and other festivals. (Including moving barricades, bicycle fencing, jersey barriers and other equipment for festival setup).
- Interact with guests and employees in a professional manner.
- Interacts with local law enforcement agencies as required.
- Maintain regular, consistent attendance record during events season (May to October)
- Maintain a safe, positive and productive work environment and ensure this intent is communicated and adhered to by all laterals and subordinates.
- Work with other departments in implementing contingency, continuity and recovery plans.
- Communicate relevant information to department and others within the company within a timely manner through proper channels.
- Continually strive for improved means and methods toward department management, including giving and receiving feedback from colleagues, subordinates, and upper management.
- Maintain positive, cooperative, team-oriented attitude and abide by all MWF Human Resources and Legal policies toward treatment of all MWF employees.
- Complete all duties otherwise assigned.
- Supervises day to day activities
- Provides training, planning, assigning and directing work
- Appraise performance
- Hold employees accountable
- Addresses complaints and resolving problems
- Provides protection for Milwaukee World Festival employees, guest and protection of company assets.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- At least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver license.
- Must be able to manage various levels of personality traits.
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner during interaction with people.
- Must have integrity and basic desire to protect and serve.
- Must prepare written statements and investigations in a logical and grammar correct manner.
- Must be able to work third shift but be flexible to work other shifts including weekends, day and holidays: and/or work extended hours if required.
- Must be able to develop a training plan and conduct training for shift and seasonal employees.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work with others,
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Valid driver’s license
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have 5 years’ experience as a security guard or law enforcement agent with at least 60 credits in a related field or equivalent military or work experience
Must have a basic knowledge of word processing programs, spreadsheets, email platforms and other communication tools.
The physical and work environments described here are representative of those that must be met and are encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, bend for extended periods: reach with hands and arms: talk and listen on a regular basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods in an office under artificial fluorescent lighting with varying noise levels.
- Ability to work for extended periods in an outdoor environment under varying environmental conditions (heat, cold, wind, rain, etc.,) under natural and artificial lighting with varying noise levels.
- Must be able to perform under pressure, concentrate for a prolonged period and able to work long hours under stressful conditions.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and employees exhibiting negative emotional responses.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc., provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We also abide by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law governing employment of individuals with disabilities.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with "Job Applicant Submission: Third Shift Security Supervisor" in the subject line for a chance to further explore this opportunity.