In addition to producing Summerfest presented by American Family Insurance, Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. maintains and develops the 75-acre lakefront parcel known as Henry Maier Festival Park, leasing the parcel from the City of Milwaukee through the year 2030, and hosting a variety of ethnic and cultural festivals, walks, runs, concerts and other events along with approximately 1.5 million patrons each year at the site.
Sales and Marketing Representative
Job Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Corporate Sales Manager - Ticketing Programs
Job Type: Part-time
Revised Date: October 10, 2017
Summerfest /Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is seeking several outgoing candidates to help promote and sell Summerfest ticket programs to businesses in our area on a part time basis for the 2019 Summerfest music festival.
Marketing and Sales Representatives contact current and potential Business Group Sales (BGS), Premier Seat Program (PSP), and Corporate Party rental customers. Sales Reps receive paid training work from our Summerfest offices. This position is seasonal part-time, starting the first week of November and some positions concluding mid-June with standard office hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sell Summerfest Ticket Programs
- Contact new prospects and assigned existing clients/businesses that have received business programs brochures, but have not yet ordered
- Make a minimum of 80 calls per day
- Generate and update call reports
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- Assist in execution of grassroots marketing event for Summerfest during non-traditional hours
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet goals and work well with others in a team environment
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Additional week night and weekend hours as needed
- An enthusiastic, go-getter mentality
- Good verbal communication skills
- Quick learner with attention to detail and good computer skills
- Ability to quickly analyze situations and opportunities
- A strong work ethic and well organized
- Good follow-through and relationship skills
Education and Work Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a sales environment
- College degree preferred
Sales Reps receive an hourly wage, with commission, parking and complimentary Summerfest tickets.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically this includes a climate-controlled, low to moderate noise environment, however Milwaukee World Festival, Inc., is the owner and producer of outdoor events, so the job may include activity outdoors during the summer months. This position may also be exposed to certain risks or hazards that are typically associated with an outdoor public venue.
Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We also comply with the ADA and applicable Wisconsin Law.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with "Job Applicant Submission: Sales and Marketing Representative" in the subject line for a chance to further explore this opportunity.